About Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Salt
Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Probiotic Salt is a special blend of salts formulated to replicate the natural chemistry/habitat of the African Rift Lakes. Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Probiotic Salt contains the necessary trace elements to duplicate African Cichlid's natural habitat. Added probiotics increase and diversify the population of beneficial bacteria benefiting health and helping to reduce nitrates and phosphates naturally. Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Probiotic Salt will help your cichlids thrive and reproduce while promoting health, growth and intensified color.
For best results use with Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Buffer to adjust pH and carbonate hardness.
Directions & Dosage
Use when adding new water to aquariums following the dosage below for the lake you are wanting to simulate.
Dosages below are per 10 gallons (37.85 liters)
Tanganyika: Use 1.5 tsp (11 g)
Malawi: Use 3/4 tsp (5.5 g)
Victoria: Use 1/2 tsp (3.6 g)
Dosages are based on RO and/or DI water; for other water sources, measure hardness (GH) first, then add according to need. For reference, the Tanganyika dose raises GH by 9 units, Malawi by 4.5 units and the Victoria dose by 3 units.
The following GH ranges are recommended:
Tanganyika: 3–5.5 meq/L (8–14 dGH)
Malawi: 1.5–3meq/L (4–8 dGH)
Victoria: 1–2 meq/L (3–6 GH)
See below for frequently asked questions regarding Fritz Rift Lake Cichlid Salt.
Rift Lake Cichlid Salt Best Practices
- For best results, use RODI water. If using dechlorinated tap water, measure GH with a suitable test kit, and adjust dose to accommodate current hardness level
- For best results, add Rift Lake Cichlid Salt to RODI water in a separate container before adding water to aquarium.
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Dry products measured by volume (teaspoons, cups, etc) will always give approximate results - use a gram scale if available. If a gram scale is not available, be sure to test for correct concentration after use and observe for any changes in fish behavior.
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test with a GH test kit before and after use
Submit a Question
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a new question.