About FritzPro Sodium Carbonate
FritzPro Sodium Carbonate is a convenient and economical professional bulk reef supplement that can be used alone or as part of a two part calcium and alkalinity supplement system to raise alkalinity levels in enclosed reef systems, for experienced marine/reef aquarists. Monitoring and maintaining alkalinity is an important part of helping to stabilize water chemistry values, resulting in better coral, coralline algae and invertebrate growth and health.
Directions & Dosage
Adjustment Dosage: Begin by measuring the calcium concentration of the aquarium water and determine how much you wish to increase it. Each 5 grams (1 tsp) per 65 gallons will raise alkalinity level approx. 1 dKH. Limit change in alkalinity by more than 1 dKH (0.36 meq/l) per 24 hours. Avoid immediate impact of pH change to more than +/* 0.2. Re-test and repeat dose until desired level is reached.
- For best results, dissolve FritzPro Sodium Bicarbonate in RO/DI or distilled water before dosing to sump or high flow area of the aquarium
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for invertebrates
- Dry products measured by volume (teaspoons, cups, etc) will always give approximate results - use a gram scale if available. If a gram scale is not available, be sure to test for correct concentration after use
- It is recommended to dose in partial increments of 1/3 to 1/2 of the total. Wait 24 hours after first partial dose, check alkalinity levels, dose another portion
- This product becomes hot when mixed with water, use rubber gloves. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash hands after handling
- Some cloudiness is normal
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place with lid tightly sealed
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test for alkalinity with reliable alkalinity test kits
|10lb/1.25 gal bucket||Varies||70128|
|40lb./5 gal. bkt||N/A||70640|
There aren’t any frequently asked questions for FritzPro Sodium Carbonate yet. Ask yours using the Submit a Question form.
Submit a Question
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a new question.