Fritz MetroCleanse is a safe and effective antibiotic and anti-parasitic treatment for several common protozoan and bacterial infections such as freshwater and saltwater Ich, Hexamita, and Oodinium, and is also effective against internal parasitic and bacterial infections. It can be used safely in a medicated food mix for use in systems containing invertebrates. Fritz MetroCleanse will not affect beneficial bacteria, and is non toxic even if overdosed.
Directions & Dosage
Broadcast Instructions: Remove all invertebrates prior to dosing if using broadcast method. Use 1 packet of MetroCleanse per 20 gallons (76 L) every 48 hours until symptoms disappear, up to ten treatments.
Feeding Instructions: Use 1 packet MetroCleanse mixed per tablespoon of normal food (adding some water if food is dry). Feed medicated food mix daily until symptoms disappear or up to three weeks. Refrigerate or freeze leftover mix between dosing/feeding. No adjustment of filtration needed.
When no further symptoms are observed, replace chemical filtration and resume use of protein skimmers as well as normal feeding. Adjust temperature back to normal.
- For best results, use MetroCleanse in a quarantine tank
- Remove activated carbon and ion-exchange resins during treatment. Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterlizer during treatment
- Do not perform water changes during treatment if possible
- Can be used full strength with scaleless fish
- If fish are eating, feed lightly during treatment
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for invertebrates when using medicated food method including: corals, snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans and molluscs
- Overdosed? remove medication with MaxOut Pro, or similar carbon-based media
MetroCleanse can easily be removed from system by adding carbon. MetroCleanse is effective against internal and external infections regardless of dosing method.
Active Ingredient: Metronidazole
|10 pk||200 gal||90007|
|20 pk||400 gal||90008|
There aren’t any frequently asked questions for MetroCleanse yet. Ask yours using the Submit a Question form.
Submit a Question
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a new question.